Furniture Removal trucks
You'll find that pre-planning how you'll load reduces loading time and fatigue. And, just as important, it ensures your belongings travel safer.
- Place everything you can inside similar-size moving-grade boxes (rather than "grocery store" boxes or plastic totes). Moving boxes were designed for easy "squaring-off, " which helps maintain the integrity of the load as items are stacked on top.
- Make sure all boxes are labeled with their contents and destination room location.
- Wrap all unboxed items in paper padding, plastic stretch wrap or furniture pads.
- Wrap upholstered furniture with self-adhering plastic wrap, paper padding or furniture pads to protect from soil and punctures.
- Wrap wood or metal furniture with moving pads or paper padding. Pay special attention to corners and legs.
- Wrap mirrors, large framed pictures and marble table tops in plenty of paper padding or furniture pads.
- Use plastic wrap or packing tape to secure moving pads or paper padding to furniture (making sure not to place tape directly on furniture).
- Be generous with padding to avoid scratches, gouges, and broken items.
- Disassemble furniture such as kitchen tables, entertainment centers, bed frames, headboards, footboards, and dresser mirrors.
- Keep in mind that furniture made of particle board is more susceptible to damage when shipped assembled. It is not built to withstand the normal stresses that occur when traveling in a moving truck (which is why manufacturers ship disassembled). While it is safer to move this type of furniture disassembled, it can be less sturdy after being taken apart and reassembled.
- Wrap bed rails or disassembled table legs and roll them into large rugs or carpets.
- Remove shelves from bookcases, armoires, etc., and wrap them separately (if removable).
- Remove hardware, screws, parts, etc., from furniture, place them in a sealable bag and tape to the back of furniture or inside a drawer.
- Prior to moving day, measure doorways to determine the best door to move large furniture out of.
- Remove all food from refrigerators/freezers.
- Defrost refrigerators/freezers 24-48 hours prior to loading.
- Hang a bag of charcoal or coffee beans/grounds inside refrigerator/freezer to prevent "musty" odors.
- Disconnect water/ice-maker lines and tape the cord to the back of the refrigerator/freezer.
- Avoid tipping your refrigerator/freezer on its side as this can cause damage to the compressor.
- Drain all water out of washing machines 24 hours prior to loading. Avoid doing a load of laundry the day of the move.
- Tip the washing machine backward to drain as much water as possible.
- Place hoses from washer or dryer in a plastic bag and put them inside the unit.
- Pack trays/glass shelves from microwaves and refrigerators inside a moving box.
Shoulder Dolly 2-Person Lifting and Moving System - Easily Move, Lift, Carry, And Secure Furniture, Appliances, Heavy Objects Without Back Pain! Straps and Harnesses for 2 Movers - Great Tool To Add To Moving Supplies!
Home Improvement (Shoulder Dolly)
LINENSPA Mattress Storage Bag with Double Adhesive Closure - Fits Twin and Twin XL
Leather Cleaner & Conditioner by KevianClean - Auto Interior Detailing, Furniture, Upholstery, Sofa, Couch, Handbag, Purse, Shoe, Boot, Jacket, Car Seat Care, Protector and Restoration - 16 oz.
Automotive Parts and Accessories (Kevian Clean)
Mini Car Truck Auto Dent Body Repair Glass Mover Tool Dent Remover Puller Glass Metal Lifter Suction Cup Locking Quick
Single Detail Page Misc (RABBIT MAN - Warehouse)
Time Pawnshop Fashion Simple Stainless Steel Matte Finished Men Ring Size 12 US
Jewelry (Time Pawnshop)